Welcome to the House Fiscal Agency
- Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference Overview [256K], February 3, 2016. Prepared by Mary Ann Cleary, Director. This presentation is an overview of the Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference.
- Budget Briefings, FY 2015-16 [htm1], January 26, 2016.
- Consensus Revenue Agreement, Final Summary [143K], January 15, 2016. This memo provides a summation of the agreements reached at the January 14, 2016 conference. The consensus estimates will be revised or updated at the May 2016 conference.
- Economic Outlook and Revenue Estimates for Michigan FY 2015-16 Through FY 2017-18 [164K], January 12, 2016. Prepared by Jim Stansell, Senior Economist. This report includes a national and state economic forecast for calendar year (CY) 2015 through CY 2018. It also presents preliminary final General Fund/General Purpose (GF/GP) and School Aid Fund (SAF) revenue for fiscal year (FY) 2014-15, and revised estimates for FY 2015-16 through FY 2016-17, and initial estimates for FY 2017-18. Estimates reported herein will be presented to the Consensus Revenue Estimating Conference on January 14, 2016, and will be used to facilitate the consensus estimating process.
- Depletion of the Autism Coverage Fund [171K], Prepared by Paul Holland, Senior Fiscal Analyst, December 15, 2015. This memo provides a brief explanation of the Autism Coverage Reimbursement Program (ACRP) and the Autism Coverage Fund (ACF), a description of the appropriations to and from the ACF, and an accounting of the number of claims submitted by carriers and amounts of reimbursements paid from the ACF.
- Historical Analysis of the Corporation Fees Fund [219K], Prepared by Paul Holland, Senior Fiscal Analyst, December 15, 2015. This memo provides a brief description of the relevant functions of the department and an overview of the revenues for, expenditures from, and balances of the Fund.
- Legislative Analysis: Enacted Road Funding Package Summary [185K] November 16, 2015. Prepared by William E. Hamilton, Senior Fiscal Analyst, Jim Stansell, Senior Economist, and Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. This Legislative Analysis gives a summary of the following bills in the road funding package passed by the House and Senate and enacted into law. The bills are House Bills: 4370, 4614, 4616, 4736, 4737, 4738 and Senate Bill 414.
- Legislative Analysis: Senate-Passed Road Funding Package [175K] November 3, 2015. Prepared by Jim Stansell, Senior Economist, William E. Hamilton, Senior Fiscal Analyst and Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. This Legislative Analysis gives a summary of the road funding package passed by the Senate.
- Fiscal Forum: Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement [248K] October 30, 2015. Prepared by Austin Scott, Fiscal Analyst. This Fiscal Forum gives information on the Department of Natural Resources that is charged with the task of protecting, conserving, and managing Michigan's natural and cultural resources.
- Higher Education Appropriations Report, Fiscal Year 2015-16 [452K]. Prepared by Marilyn Peterson, Senior Fiscal Analyst, House Fiscal Agency and Bill Bowerman, Associate Director, Senate Fiscal Agency, October 2015. This report provides a precise record of how appropriation amounts in the FY 2015-16 Higher Education budget were calculated.
- Pure Michigan Tourism Marketing Campaign [141K] October 29, 2015. Prepared by Ben Gielczyk, Senior Fiscal Analyst. This memo provides background on the history of Michigan travel and tourism marketing efforts under the Pure Michigan campaign.
- National Guard Tuition Assistance Program and Tuition Assistance Fund [139K], October 27, 2015 prepared by Kent Dell, Fiscal Analyst. This memorandum provides a summary on the National Guard Tuition Assistance Program and Tuition Assistance Fund created by Public Act 259 of 2014. The Tuition Assistance Fund can be used by Michigan Army National Guard and Michigan Air National Guard service members to help defray costs while attending college.
- Detroit Public Schools Budget Trends [187K], October 25, 2015 prepared by Bethany Wicksall, Associate Director. This memorandum provides a summary of Detroit Public Schools' (DPS) current fiscal situation, a summary of historical trends in the district's budget, as well as a brief history of the changes in the district's budget authority and governance.
- Legislative Analysis: House Road Package - Preliminary Analysis [169K], October 21, 2015 prepared by Jim Stansell, Senior Economist, William Hamilton, Senior Fiscal Analyst, and Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director. This Legislative Analysis gives a preliminary analysis of the following bills that make up the House Road Package: House Bills 4370,4614,4616,4736,4737,4738, and Senate Bill 414.
- Fiscal Focus: Michigan's Medicaid Program [728K], October 19, 2015 prepared by Kyle I. Jen, Deputy Director and Kevin Koorstra, Senior Fiscal Analyst. This report provides introductory information on the traditional Medicaid program and its financing, describes Healthy Michigan Plan waiver requirements and financing, presents information on trends in total Medicaid expenditures, and discusses the FY 2016-17 budget outlook for the Medicaid program.
- Hunting and Fishing License Fees Memorandum [838K] October 12, 2015. Prepared by Austin Scott, Fiscal Analyst. This memorandum provides information on the Department of Natural Resources licenses for hunting and fishing in Michigan.
- County Revenue Sharing and County Incentive Program (CIP) Payments [88K] October 6, 2015. Prepared by Jim Stansell, Senior Economist. This document provides final FY 2013-14 payments, Final FY 2014-15 payments, and estimated FY 2015-16 payments as enacted in 2015 PA 84.